Just for Fun
Visiting or new to Vancouver and looking for a fun event to experience in the outdoors? Whether in sunshine, cloudy, misty or snowy, trail riding is a year-round activity in the lower mainland.
Try horseback riding. On the trail rides with Equutrails you’ll get to experience luscious rainforest of Golden Ears . Trail riding is available within 90 minutes of central Vancouver.
Trail riding is a fun event that can be shared by couples, friends or family. We will pony children as young a 5 years. All trail riders get their own horse that is tacked up and ready to go.
The trail horses at Equutrails are not your average nose to tail nags or sometimes stubborn or difficult horses you often find at other outfitters. Our horses are all very well trained, gentle, experienced and very responsive to ensure that everyone gets a great riding experience whether it is your first time trail riding or you have had years of riding experience. Read this recent review.
For a fun year-round event in Vancouver, check out Equutrails Horseback Riding Adventures.
Making outdoor activities more fun
Amusement has been redefined over and over through developments in the gaming industry—arcade, in particular, has evolved from pinball machines to interactive ones. Here in Vancouver arcades still have a strong presence; Tourism Vancouver, in its post covering top places to find family fun in the city, listed the Market on Granville Island especially because of its arcade game offerings. In another post entitled “A Geek’s Guide to Vancouver”, arcades at Playland inside the Pacific National Exhibition were featured because it has virtual arcades along with traditional carnival games. The Pit Stop at Richmond Go Karts also has over twenty arcade games to choose from. Clearly, Vancouver residents of all age groups prefer to play arcade games.
Because of their popularity, arcade games are continuing to up the ante by being progressive while maintaining distinctiveness at the same time. Arcade-themed video games are rampant nowadays; in fact, PlayStation 4 recently created a Pinball Arcade game which was released in the middle of this month. It offers twenty pinball tables for season one, and the game promises a more realistic pinball experience. Online platforms also continue to improve; major developer of HTML5 games CORE Gaming and leading gaming site arcade.betfair.com launched the Evel Knievel brand of slot games. CORE used defined graphics to showcase the stunts of the franchise through slots.
It’s also a well-known fact that people from this city love the outdoors. Horseback riding, hiking, and trekking are the favorite activities of the adventurous. This preference is also reflected in their arcade game choices—outdoor arcade games have gained popularity in the area. These are some of the outdoor arcade games making the rounds in Vancouver, courtesy of Primetime Amusements:
· Knockout Boxer – to test speed and strength, gamers can try to box out the machine. It also encourages competition because players vie for the highest score.
· Arm Wrestler – for a quarter, the player can go against a tough opponent for arm wrestling; the developer said that this is a game for “rough and tough meatheads”.
· Basketball – shooting hoops while competing with friends in a shootout has never been this fun; an interactive game play has been added as a feature to hook sports fans.
· Kicker – World Cup enthusiasts may try the event for themselves through this game; kicking the machine’s soccer ball will measure the player’s power and speed.
· Shark Air Hockey – an underwater air hockey table is every fan’s dream come true; this is waterproof with a programmable menu, so players can simulate the real thing.
· Street Pitcher Baseball – players must throw baseballs and hit the marker panel so their scores will be recorded; playing mode includes two-player option, and up to eight machines may be linked to a more intense competition.
With this collection, it’s evident that outdoor arcade games will continue to be present in the Vancouver gaming industry—and it will most likely stay that way for a long time.