Trail Ride Sweat – is it healthy?
Learn what’s normal, what’s not and how to keep your horse hydrated and healthy on a trail ride when the weather turns hot.
It’s a steamy summer afternoon and you set out on a trail ride with a friend. After half an hour her horse is drenched with sweat, but your horse is dry. Which of you should be concerned? Surprising as it seems, you may have more to worry about than she does. Sweat is a good thing–it helps your horse get rid of excess body heat.Sweating is a key component in a complex system that allows your horse to regulate his body temperature. If that system goes haywire, the results can be serious. How can you make sure your horse’s sweating mechanism is working smoothly, and how can you help him if it’s not? Read more here from Equisearch…
horse health horse riding horse sweat trail ride
- Trail Riding Harry Osborne Trial
- Getting over a fear of horses while horseback trail riding near Vancouver
- Mexico To Canada Horseback Ride
- Historic Pony Express Trail Ride
- Can your horse handle on-trail encounters?
- 8 yr old Julia takes the reins on her first TRAIL RIDE
- Good Friday Trail Ride in Golden Ears
- Where do horses like to roll?